Friday 17 December 2010

Robins and Snow

I'm feeling pretty Christmassy now, as I have no more fairs and markets to attend, and have sent out all the orders from my shop. Yay!! Now all I have to do is to get my Christmas shopping done and the cards sent! I hope I'm not too late, like poor Mrs Robin on the card above. These are from a lovely set of Happy Families I got earlier in the year. The illustrations are delightful, with details like Master Robin's hot water bottle (I know how he feels!).

The pictures below are from my ever-growing collection of vintage greeting cards. I do love a good snow scene, and as I'm in a holiday mood, I'll try to share a few more with you over the next week. (Judging from the forecast, we might have some real snow scenes too....)

7 comments:

GardenOfDaisies said...

Those are such sweet little robin cards!

VintageVicki said...

Another fan of the robins here - they are my favourite birds.

Moira Millman said...

these are lovely! btw nice to recently find your blog:)

Ticking stripes said...

Just had a pack of these delivered from Ebay as i love them too - the whole set is gorgeous!

Jane Housham said...

Hi Elaine
I love the robin family. They remind me of the fluffy chaps you were nice enough to give me when I met you, which now are hopping about our side, near the cardboard pirate.
Can't seem to get my blogging mojo going, but soon, soon.
Have a great Christmas,
Jane x

Lisa said...

I love this Robin family! So cute!

Eartha Kitsch said...

Wow! They're all beautiful!

Who made the first four cards up there in the set? Those are amazing.