Thursday, 8 January 2009

Here's one I made earlier...


I made it before Christmas in fact, but I couldn't post a picture on here, as it was a Christmas present for a friend who reads this blog. But now I can show it off. It's a little sewing box, a bit inspired by the Cath Kidston one. I made it in my friend's favourite colours - predominantly browns, with other autumnal colours. Those are pins sticking in the roof - I thought they were so sweet when I found the pins with flowers and leaves on them.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out, as I've never made anything like this before. I didn't have a pattern - I just made it up as I went along.

I'm pretty proud of all the little details, like adding the flower & leaf beads. And I'm so glad to finally have something creative to show you. I feel like I haven't done much lately!

11 comments:

BusyLizzie said...

I love it! It is great to finally get around to be creative.. it can sometimes take me MONTHS to get cracking,
cheers, Lizzie x

Katy said...

Yes it is the most beautiful thing ever and what's even better is that it's sitting in my craft/physics room at home!

thanking you muchly,
k

Eileen said...

Ohhhh it is sooo beautiful. Can I be you friend?

Sarah said...

wow! what a lucky young lady.

Kitsch and Curious Elaine said...

Awww, you guys are so lovely! Thank you for all the kind comments!

Kitschen Pink said...

Beautiful! Clever you! LOVE those pins too. I have pictures of similar in craft books which pre-date most of us - including CK so no worries about copyright infringement there! t.x

Renee said...

It is so cute - you have a very lucky friend!

J for Jendetta said...

wow!! That is so amazing!!!!

Cowboys and Custard said...

In all honesty.. I think your cottage is far superior to CK's.... though I have to confess I am not the biggest fan of her designs...I would rather the original not something mass produced!
I am sure your friend was thrilled with her pressy.

Michele xx

Kitsch and Curious Elaine said...

I should point out that my talented friend (Becksini) has made me many beautiful presents, including a fantastic chain scarf this Christmas.
(A bit like this one
http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTmarleysghost.html )

Sarah said...

That is so awesome! Great job