Wednesday 8 September 2010

Creative Wednesday - Only 4 days to go!!!

There are only four days to go until our exhibition. Our preview evening is on Sunday between 6.30-8.30pm. If you're in the Bristol area, please do come along and say hello.
Today we went and had another look at the gallery space. It's slightly bigger than both of us remembered, which is good, as in our minds we had started to visualise something smaller than a phone box. Now I have to worry about having enough stuff.

My business cards and postcards arrived today, which makes me feel a little bit more professional. However, there are a lot of things I don't have sorted yet. Like how to display some of my work which won't go on the wall. In an ideal world, I might have a plinth ot two, but sadly, I am not a plinth owner. Hmm... I will have to improvise.

I do have some pictures to go on the wall, like my slightly barmy Barbie collage. It's about A2 size and covered in girly stickers, jewels and sequins.
I'm sorry I haven't had time to do much blogging lately. It's an inevitable irony that when you're busy, and have lots to report, you have the least time for blogging. Hopefully I'll get back to it in a week or two, when I'll have nothing interesting to say!

3 comments:

Jane Housham said...

Glad you're still posting. I've managed to make quite large plinth-like structures with nothing more than cereal boxes covered in black felt. The felt has an amazing capacity to cover up dodgy corners and so on.
Best of luck with your exhibition.
Jane H
(PS Have been inspired by yours to start my own blog 'Things to Make & Do' at www.janehousham123.blogspot.com)

Neil Smith said...

looking forward to the exhibition, I'm sure it will go well and be worth it

Inge said...

Oh I wish I was in Bristol. Best of luck