Sunday 6 March 2011

Jumble Sailing

Look at all the lovely stuff I brought home with me from the Vintage Jumble Sale on Saturday! There were so many irresistible bargains. I know the idea was to clear out some stuff, and I did, a bit, but there's always room for a few new things (and a couple more that didn't get into the photo). Especially when they're nearly all in the £1 or 50p price range.
I'm afraid I forgot to take any photos (I don't appear to have got to grips with this blogging lark, at all...). Fortunately, Mr Kitsch took a few photos of our stall. Poor tail-less Dobbin was looking for a new owner, and happily found one.
I can't say the same for all the dollies, but a few of them found new homes,notably 'Lottie' who has gone to serve in a shop with Ingrid, apparently (that's what her new owner told me!).

I must say thank you to Niki for giving me a beautiful old poster I kept dithering over. And big thanks as ever, to Jayne and Michele for their brilliant organisational skills that made it such a success. I gather another Vintage Jumble is likely....

P.S. 'Jumble Sailing' is a wonderful, poignant track by Clearlake, that I thoroughly recommend to anyone who has ever bought a treasure for 10p.

8 comments:

Kylie said...

I love all of the lovely things you found-especially the squirrel vase...is it a vase? It looks like he has a little house made out of a tree trunk. Very sweet. I'm sorry that not all of the dollies found homes they look irresistable piled up together in that box. I for one wouldn't have been able to walk past without buying at least one! I really like your blog btw.

BusyLizzie said...

Great to see you at the jumble! I so enjoyed the day & cannot wait for the next one.. I still appear to have enough stuff here to do it all again... Lizzie x

Niki Fretwell said...

Hi Elaine,
It was lovely to be neighbours to such a happy couple at the jumble sale! You look like you really enjoyed you day!
It was great, wasn't it? And wonderful to clear some 'tat'...to make buying more, OK! :)

Fingers crossed there will be another one later this year,
Niki

Unknown said...

Wow! It sound like an amazing day!

Jane Housham said...

Aw, I don't want you to sell your dollies! I like to imagine you, like me, being slowly walled up behind our finds. Destocking is far too rational. But I can tell from your post that you were suitably reluctant to part, and also managed to acquire some new lovely bits as well, so all is not lost.

Vanessa said...

I'm happy to discover you lucious blog of kitsch today! :) I'll be following your adventures from now on.

Moira Millman said...

sounds like a really fun jumble sale! I remember going to see Clearlake years ago and always thought that was a great song too:)

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Oh dear Elaine.. I am definitely going senile. I thought I had left a message here earlier.. but it seems not!
I did enjoy catching up with you and Mr Kitsch again at the jumble and hope to do so over a cuppa in Bristol one of these days.

Michele xx