Wednesday 6 April 2011

Creative Wednesday - Nick Cave Soundsuits

(Photo from Seattle Art Museum)
I just saw this amazing exhibition on the Doe-c-doe blog, and was stunned. Nick Cave (no, not that one, a different one) creates these wonderful costumes called 'Soundsuits'. I love that they reference African tribal costumes, Cornish hobby horses, traditional textile crafts, thrift store finds, and a bit of Liberace to boot. Everything I love, in fact!
He is a performance artist and dancer too, and you can see the costumes in action in the video below. Sadly the exhibition is in Seattle, and so I won't be going for a day trip any time soon.
Ah well, thank goodness for the interweb!

2 comments:

Sue Brown said...

I would wear one to go shopping in wouldn't you? Great find! X

menopausalmusing said...

G.L.O.R.I.O.U.S! Loved the twig suit and the sheer exbuberance of the others in terms of colour and fun.......... You have started my day off brilliantly....