Monday 11 April 2011

Happiness is a Kitsch Pink Cat

Look at this wonderful kitschy kitty! It was a present from the lovely, talented and generous Viv of Hens' Teeth. I had seen this kitty on her stall.. ooh, last year, come to think of it. I really wanted it but decided I couldn't justify buying it for myself at the time. When I popped by her stall for a chat at the Vintage & Handmade Fair on Saturday, she just gave it to me! I nearly screamed with joy, I was so excited and pleased. I love it!!! It's just brilliant! Thank you so much, Viv!
I couldn't resist spending some money on Saturday, mainly concentrating on the small and cheap! Yes, yes, alright, that is another clog, but this blue one is pretty special, and has 'Belgium 1945' written on the side. Lovely floral painting on it too.  
I never got round to taking any photos, as usual, but Mr Kitsch took a couple of photos of my stall for me, so at least I have some photos of the day to show you. There's always such a great atmosphere there, and I managed to have quite a bit of chat with other sellers. All the stalls were full of fun things, and I enjoyed myself just looking at some of the amazing vintage textiles. I have bulging crates of fabrics, so I have forbidden myself to buy more. However, that won't stop me visiting the Vintage Fashion and Textile Fair in Chipping Sodbury in June.
My next fair for selling is the Vintage Bazaar in Frome on 30th April. Should be another great day. Hope to see you there!

12 comments:

Candy Pop said...

Oh my - I want that cat! What a find! :)

GardenOfDaisies said...

What fun! Wish I could have been there. I tried to enlarge your pics to see everything on the tables and shelves.

Scarlett said...

Love that Kitty - lovely gift :o) Scarlett x

Jane Housham said...

Your stall looks lovely. Wish I could've come to the fair again. I feel I'm missing out on great finds. Love the kitty.

hens teeth said...

Kitty deserves to live in a lovely home, where her beauty will be appreciated ;-)
Lovely post Elaine..it was a lovely day.
See you soon. x

BusyLizzie said...

Thank you for your lovely comment. Good to see you on Saturday. I thought your stall looked fab as always! See you at Frome!! xx

menopausalmusing said...

Finances didn't allow me a trip to see you this time, but hopefully next time.........

Love your new kitty!

Country Cottage Chic said...

Lovely kitty Elaine! It was a fab day wasn't it? Looking forward to seeing you again at Frome.

Jayne

Sue Brown said...

Lovely to see you theer, I had a great morning, it is a great event. Sorry I did not get the chance to say cheerio! Hope Frome goes well. XX

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

I love the pink cat! A great find. See you at the fair in Frome, i too will have a stall there.
Isabelle x

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

I will never forget the look of utter bliss on your face whilst you were clutching your new kitty kat.. A look that said.. this cat has got the cream!

Lovely to see you and your wonderfully kitsch display at the V & H. See you on Saturday in Frome!
Michele x

Gwyneth Depport said...

love the pink cat